Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nursery turned Guest Room

I finally finished the guest room this past week.  It took such a long time!  I would start, stop, start, stop...I just couldn't keep focused.  When we moved into this house exactly 2 years ago yesterday, we had it set up for a nursery (our daughter was born 4 days later...talk about pushing it!).  Since I was very prego I didn't do any painting myself so I was never really happy with the way the house turned out.  Can you say OCD...I think I got it from my father.  I did like the nursery though...it was a shabby shade of green with white furniture...but, the baby is now turning two and is upstairs in a bedroom next to ours.  She is even in a big girl bed now, does anyone have a tissue but I'm fine with her growing up.  So the once green nursery is now set up and ready for my hubby's parents to come and visit in November...we are so excited to see them again.  I must remember to take lots of pictures this time!

Anyway, this is what the bedroom looks like now.  Not too bad for a budget of almost nothing!


I used a smoky blue paint that was a mistint gallon from Lowes, it cost me a whopping $5.00.  The bottom color was an inexpensive Dutchboy paint from WalMart.

I am love with the vintage bedskirt and matching pillow cases I got at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago...for $2.00!



I also have a thing for vintage suitcases so I used those in place of night stands on each side of the bed.  And YES that is a twig plant pot I used for the lamp shade high end designer lamp.




The desk on the other side of the room is a Goodwill find that I painted, distressed and glazed.  Above it is an old plate rack I found at a thrift store and I have the 50 cent yard sale chair I spray painted green.  And I could resist the uber ugly flowery buckets marked down to a quarter each at the hobby store...I tried out the Miss Mustard Seed treatment on those.  LOVE HER!




I have my little lamb and vintage high chair in the corner and some vintage baby dresses hanging from the windows.



I spent just under $100.00 on this room re-do and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

-Aaron

9 comments:

  1. I thought this room was adorable, you guys did a great job. Your whole house is so cute, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the room looks absolutely gorgeous! Great job. :-)

    Thanks so much for your input on the paint color for the bench, I really do appreciate it!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You thought of everything, and turned this into the perfect guest room. It looks really cozy and calm - very nice. It's so comfortable your guests may stay longer than you want!!
    Stop by and say hi sometime,
    xo
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! This room looks wonderful--very warm and welcoming--just right for a guest room! My favorite thing is the suitcases-cum-night stands. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your guest room looks great...I sure love the painted panel walls! I hope to do something similar in our entry soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love it ALL! I share your tastes and budget! Visiting from Cottage Instincts and will look around here more now. Thanks for inspiration!
    hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute. I love tha pastel tones and the cases as side tables are adorable!
    Kristine
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squeal! What a perfect guest room! Soothing, relaxing, full of character and lots of blues and browns mixing together. Love!

    Thanks for sharing it with the B & B blog bonanza!

    ReplyDelete