Monday, December 20, 2010

I need help, I have OCDD.

For those who don't know OCDD is Obsessive Compulsive Decorating Disorder.  Yep, and I have it.  Sometimes it goes into a brief state of remission but then it reared it's ugly head again.  This time the OCDD has directed it's attention at my mantel. 

This is my mantel before:


This is my mantel post OCDD episode.



No major changes.  Just the addition of this vintage inspired wreath.


 I think it looks a bit like an old bottle brush wreath (that I wish I had, by the way). 
I call it my Poor Man's Bottle Brush Wreath.

It was cheap.  It was easy.  My 2 year old helped me.


All it required was some very old tinsel from the thrift store (50 cents) a wreath form from the same thrift store (50 cents) and about 10 minutes.  That's it!  No glue, no mess. 

4 comments:

  1. Your little one is ADORABLE! The wreath is cute, too :)

    I have decorating ADD - I get side tracked ALL THE TIME.... so I can truly relate, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Maddie!!! She is such a doll!!! Love the wreath too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that little girl is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! Oh yeah, and the mantle is very nice too! :)

    ReplyDelete